Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i forgot the passcode on my family share for my daughter's phone

I am trying to reset the passcode. I am the owner of the account. and I don't remember what it is, and I need to change the settings on her account.

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 10:14 PM

Are you referring to the passcode of the iPhone that is used to unlock it to get to the home screen? OR, are you referring to the Screen Time Restrictions passcode that is used to set / remove restrictions on an iPhone?

Furthermore, which iPhone model and iOS version are you using on that iPhone?

Axel F.

4 replies

Aug 14, 2021 10:33 PM in response to aswal601

aswal601 Said:

"i forgot the passcode on my family share for my daughter's phone: I am trying to reset the passcode. I am the owner of the account. and I don't remember what it is, and I need to change the settings on her account."

-------

Hold It Right There!:

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is Disabled - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

Aug 15, 2021 11:18 AM in response to aswal601

If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you set on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time passcode, then you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to ➔How to remove the passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode UNLESS your backup was created BEFORE the screen time passcode was created.

Axel F.

i forgot the passcode on my family share for my daughter's phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.