Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps

Hi, i tried to delete an app from my iphone 6, and because my battery was on 1%, it automatically got shut down, and when i turned it on after i charged it, the app is still there, i tried to delete it again, and i checked settings, and the app is still there, i checked app store too, but there’s only “open”, i tried shutting down my phone a few times, but it’s still there, i took a screenshoot of it, u can check it.

Please help, thank you.

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 10:47 PM

__aisyahnna Said:

"Apps: Hi, i tried to delete an app from my iphone 6, and because my battery was on 1%, it automatically got shut down, and when i turned it on after i charged it, the app is still there, i tried to delete it again, i checked settings, and the app is still there[...]"

-------

Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

If of no success...

Reset to Factory Settings:

One thing to consider is to restore the iPhone to factory settings. Use of this Link: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to Factory Settings - Apple Support. Important - back up first, as mentioned in that link.

Important:

On the iPhone Both Before and After the Reset:

Enable different iCloud settings(i.e. Contactsand Photos) on your iPhone, so that they are restorable, after the reset...

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts [and/or other settings] (so that it is green in-color)
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2021 10:47 PM in response to __aisyahnna

__aisyahnna Said:

"Apps: Hi, i tried to delete an app from my iphone 6, and because my battery was on 1%, it automatically got shut down, and when i turned it on after i charged it, the app is still there, i tried to delete it again, i checked settings, and the app is still there[...]"

-------

Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

If of no success...

Reset to Factory Settings:

One thing to consider is to restore the iPhone to factory settings. Use of this Link: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to Factory Settings - Apple Support. Important - back up first, as mentioned in that link.

Important:

On the iPhone Both Before and After the Reset:

Enable different iCloud settings(i.e. Contactsand Photos) on your iPhone, so that they are restorable, after the reset...

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts [and/or other settings] (so that it is green in-color)

Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.