Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do we have airpod pro mode number A3000

Do we have airpod pro model number A3000

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 9:35 PM

1yoshi _AngellaMae_ I think we are looking at the wrong reference. The model number does not matter. I bought supposedly "refurbished" AirPods with the same model mentioned above A3000. Noice cancelling is hard to notice but it sounds slightly better. Everything works great even FindMy AirPods. BUT my suspicion comes from the fact that YOU CANNOT update the firmware (yes, I tried everything) and hence those AirPods are not signed by Apple servers. I am curious to hear what version are your AirPods, mine are stuck in 3A283 which is notorious for disconnecting and bad noise cancelling. The main issue is that the AirPods don't switch between devices. I have to disconnect from one device to connect to the other and sometimes I have to put the AirPods in the case and reset them to connect again. I ordered new ones from Apple directly and I will know more after comparing them.

44 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 9:35 PM in response to _AngellaMae_

1yoshi _AngellaMae_ I think we are looking at the wrong reference. The model number does not matter. I bought supposedly "refurbished" AirPods with the same model mentioned above A3000. Noice cancelling is hard to notice but it sounds slightly better. Everything works great even FindMy AirPods. BUT my suspicion comes from the fact that YOU CANNOT update the firmware (yes, I tried everything) and hence those AirPods are not signed by Apple servers. I am curious to hear what version are your AirPods, mine are stuck in 3A283 which is notorious for disconnecting and bad noise cancelling. The main issue is that the AirPods don't switch between devices. I have to disconnect from one device to connect to the other and sometimes I have to put the AirPods in the case and reset them to connect again. I ordered new ones from Apple directly and I will know more after comparing them.

Oct 26, 2021 1:00 AM in response to FranM4ch0

My AirPods were purchased directly from appl store Mine show the same as @billygoat2190 My case is A2190. Left AirPod A2083. Right AirPod A2084. And also same as them, when I look in settings on my phone it says model A3000. I know where I purchased my AirPods Have my Apple receipt even. And mine r also showing up w my batteries as well. They are 100% real. Maybe possible since they all have different models numbers (left ear right ear and charger box) that this A3000 is some way they classify this combo of model numbers Idk just a guess idc tbh I know what I have is real and where I got them w receipt and apple care So billgoat is also fine from what I can tell I’m very sorry if this is not the case for the rest of you

Oct 27, 2021 11:57 PM in response to _AngellaMae_

Here is another thread talking about similar things. The one person at the bottom of the thread talks about what happend when they went to Apple to find out what was going on.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253005951

one other thing I can say is that the charging port should be a lighting cable port much like past versions of AirPods. Not usbC. And should have come w the usbC to lightening charging cable. I’ve seen some saying their fake charging boxes only fit usbC.

Oct 27, 2021 12:08 PM in response to m1yoshi

I got mine from the Apple Store I also listed my details regarding them above. So I don’t know what more proof I could possibly provide for those of u who aren’t willing to accept not everything u read on the Internet is true. This receipt and Apple Store I went to are in fact real. That’s for certain. The charging case and each ear piece have different model numbers on them per usual. So this may be some way to classify that combo of numbers. Also. The noise canceling does work. But There has been issues reported w that. And they r doing a repair or replacement for that issue specifically I have also attached the apple link for that @m14cus. Hope it helps. https://support.apple.com/airpods-pro-service-program-sound-issues

Oct 27, 2021 2:23 AM in response to _AngellaMae_

I bought some Airpod Pro's yesterday, sealed, etc. They have all the same characteristics as _AngellaMae_

above including the screen shot of the batter indicators.

They even show as having nearly 24months of Apple Aftercare

the only thing with the ones I've bought is that the noise cancelling doesn't work. Basically nothing changes when I enable/disable it.

The guy I bought them off reckons they are real and won't refund me which isn't surprising as I'm bought them privately.

I don't live anywhere near an apple store so can't get them validated as being real and fixed.

I'm assuming they are fakes. _AngellaMae_ and Billygoat2190 does noise cancelling work on yours?

Oct 27, 2021 8:20 AM in response to m14cus

Hi there.

So I’ve been searching for a A3000 AirPods too. Well, I checked all about the general look matching them with fake ones and I swear they have nothing to do with fakes. I can see the battery thing on widgets, I can see starting screen with AirPods and Case battery %, I have tried that surround sound and it seems to work fine. My AirPods are A2083 and A2084 with case of A2190. And what else I compared them with other wireless set from Elecder to see if they sound better and **** yeah believe me there is a huge difference between them two. AirPods sound so much better. I was afraid they might be a fake but considering all above I don’t think they are fake. Does anyone have any idea why they are named as A3000? Maybe they were refurbished or replaced in guarantee process?

Oct 27, 2021 12:24 PM in response to m1yoshi

I got mine from the Apple Store I also listed my details regarding them above. So I don’t know what more proof I could possibly provide for those of u who aren’t willing to accept not everything u read on the Internet is true. This receipt and Apple Store I went to are in fact real. That’s for certain. The charging case and each ear piece have different model numbers on them per usual. So this may be some way to classify that combo of numbers because being refurbished doesn't make total sense to me either considering I got mine from apple and they mentioned nothing of the ones I purchased being refurbished and what I paid for them. Also. The noise canceling does work. But There has been issues reported w that. And they r doing a repair or replacement for that issue specifically I have also attached the apple link for that m14cus as for Billygoat2190

I can't speak for them, but maybe they will see your question soon.

. Hope it helps. https://support.apple.com/airpods-pro-service-program-sound-issues

Oct 29, 2021 5:23 PM in response to _AngellaMae_

This is a good test - on your iPhone, go to Settings -> Bluetooth and click the info button next to your Airpods Pro. Check that the serial number there matches the one on the box and each airpod. Most fakes won't go through that trouble to match those two serial numbers.

And the bigger question is, is that receipt really from an Apple Store? Which Apple Store did you buy it from? Consider the following:

• Look at the heading, the store indicated is from Canuseway Bay in Chandler, AZ but the email address is from the Manhattan store.
    • The number below it is supposed to be the phone number of the store.
    • The URL below that is for the Fifth Ave store in Manhattan.
    • Payment Method shows Visa, but just below that it changes to Mastercard.
    • Exp date on card should be YY/MM - 10/06 is not a valid year unless the card expires in the year 2110.
    • And finally, I have the exact same receipt sent to me by a seller from an online store and am 100% sure they are fake.

Sorry to break the news, but I think better to know than not.

Do we have airpod pro mode number A3000

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.