Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my safari does not work

my safari does not work i have to use chome for all my internet usage.

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 1:33 PM

If I may, allow me to respond to your most recent comment. First, the problems you mentioned are not uncommon. I think I can explain what is happening. If you are unable to access certain web sites and maybe also getting a message that your browser must be updated, this is not an unusual situation. The reason is that web site engineers write their software to work with specific browsers and specific versions of them. You can hope that those web site's developers eventually update their site to work with Safari, or you can continue to use another browser that does work such as Firefox. It is also important to know that Safari is installed as part of the operating system and it normally it cannot be individually updated. Safari is periodically updated when the computer's operating system (OS) is updated or upgraded. Finally, even if you are able to update Safari, there is no guarantee that it will be compatible with every web site. This is why many of us have more than one browser installed like you do.

With respect to your "unfair" comment, I respect that you feel otherwise, but it is not Apple's responsibility to tell each browser provider how to "fix" their current software. They publish to all software providers their OS interface requirements. This is done well before any new OS software is even released. Whether the vendors choose to respond is their choice. I will say there are some Apple apps I personally do not like or use, as do many other users. That is precisely why apps like Firefox exist (which I also do like). All in all, many users are satisfied with Safari and continue to use it. We all have choices and that is a good thing, I think. In conclusion, I suggest that you share your thoughts directly with Apple at the link below. This site is supported by users just like you. We are not Apple.

www.apple.com/feedback

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2021 1:33 PM in response to Jarukla

If I may, allow me to respond to your most recent comment. First, the problems you mentioned are not uncommon. I think I can explain what is happening. If you are unable to access certain web sites and maybe also getting a message that your browser must be updated, this is not an unusual situation. The reason is that web site engineers write their software to work with specific browsers and specific versions of them. You can hope that those web site's developers eventually update their site to work with Safari, or you can continue to use another browser that does work such as Firefox. It is also important to know that Safari is installed as part of the operating system and it normally it cannot be individually updated. Safari is periodically updated when the computer's operating system (OS) is updated or upgraded. Finally, even if you are able to update Safari, there is no guarantee that it will be compatible with every web site. This is why many of us have more than one browser installed like you do.

With respect to your "unfair" comment, I respect that you feel otherwise, but it is not Apple's responsibility to tell each browser provider how to "fix" their current software. They publish to all software providers their OS interface requirements. This is done well before any new OS software is even released. Whether the vendors choose to respond is their choice. I will say there are some Apple apps I personally do not like or use, as do many other users. That is precisely why apps like Firefox exist (which I also do like). All in all, many users are satisfied with Safari and continue to use it. We all have choices and that is a good thing, I think. In conclusion, I suggest that you share your thoughts directly with Apple at the link below. This site is supported by users just like you. We are not Apple.

www.apple.com/feedback

Aug 16, 2021 9:43 AM in response to betrick

You have given us no information to respond to. How/when did it stop working? Please tell us specifically what does or does not happen and what messages you are getting, if any. Then maybe we can offers some suggestions. If the Safari app is actually damaged, you will have to reinstall the operating system to fix it since it is part of the OS and can not be individually installed.

Sep 3, 2021 12:14 PM in response to Ronasara

I have found that as years go by and new iPads and updates are released, many sites no longer work with Safari. They may load, but show no images. Some will load, but do not respond when you click a link to another page on the site. This has happened over the past two years or so on sites that I have visited regularly for years, especially e-commerce and major retailer sites.

It is unfair to suggest that Apple product users contact the site's developers and request recoding. This is Apple's problem, and THEY need to contact the developers. As most of my passwords are stored on Safari, it is a major pain to switch over to Firefox (which ALWAYS works). Apple needs to finally admit that Safari is an unreliable browser that has fallen into disfavor among many developers.

Sep 3, 2021 2:52 PM in response to Ronasara

And many users are not satisfied with Safari. I don't quite get your point, but thanks anyway for your response. No matter what the reason is, Safari browsers are increasingly useless. Perhaps Apple needs to ask themselves why. They never will though. Apple is an arrogant company with great products. Always has been, Always will be.

Sep 4, 2021 12:33 PM in response to Jarukla

I did not say that YOU suggested Apple product users contact developers. I have however, seen this suggestion offered to others who have problems with Safari loading website pages.

I appreciate your attempt to be helpful., but I see no reason to mention every site that Safari fails to load, or to go into great detail about what happens. There are just too many sites that do not work. They don't load, period. Sometimes just the images fail to load, sometimes a completely blank page appears. It is happening with increasing frequency. I do not pretend to be an expert in coding or the nuances of operating systems. I am simply an iPad user who feels that Safari was once a superior browser that is now slow, glitchy, and no longer competitive with Chrome and Firefox. The problem does not seem to lie with my iPad itself. It works perfectly with other browsers. Sites failing to load properly in Safari is a problem that hundreds of other Safari users have mentioned on this very site. Why do site developers now seem to be so indifferent to Safari?

Sep 4, 2021 1:34 PM in response to Jarukla

I respect your comments. All I was attempting to do was to explain what IS happening and what the cause was. I also tried to say that , in effect, no product(s) are completely perfect nor do they ever satisfy everyone. Therefore, that is why we do have competition. And I mentioned that I also have a few issues with some products. In short, some people will like product X and some people will not. I too have made and posted some suggestions for product improvement directly with Apple. To me, what is important is that we all have a plethora of products available to help us get the job done. Beyond that, on this site, we all try to help each other.

my safari does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.