You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Volume and Spotify on PC

I notice that everytime Spotify is playing on my pc, my iPhone 12 mini matches the Volume.

For example Spotify (full Volume on app) is on the background and my phone Volume is set to lowest, suddenly my phone Volume goes full Volume as well. What I do is turn the Volume down and it does - for both Spotify and my phone.

I have tried closing Spotify on my phone after adjust ing the volume but it does it again.

Not sure if this happens with other music players though.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 3:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 10:03 AM

Hello Rhinobuffer.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're noticing volume issues when using Spotify with your iOS device and PC. Specifically, the volume on Spotify is matching the volume you adjust on your PC. We can understand how this would be an issue. Allow us to share some information with you. This appears to be a feature within the Spotify app itself. This feature is called Spotify Connect: Connect - Spotify

You might have to either disable this feature or another built-in feature within the Spotify app to change this. For steps on how to do so, we recommend that you reach out to Spotify for assistance. Just in case, the link below shows you how to reach an app developer:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

We hope this information is useful. Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2021 10:03 AM in response to Rhinobuffer

Hello Rhinobuffer.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're noticing volume issues when using Spotify with your iOS device and PC. Specifically, the volume on Spotify is matching the volume you adjust on your PC. We can understand how this would be an issue. Allow us to share some information with you. This appears to be a feature within the Spotify app itself. This feature is called Spotify Connect: Connect - Spotify

You might have to either disable this feature or another built-in feature within the Spotify app to change this. For steps on how to do so, we recommend that you reach out to Spotify for assistance. Just in case, the link below shows you how to reach an app developer:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

We hope this information is useful. Cheers.

iPhone Volume and Spotify on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.