Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get copying a CD to list it's titles of songs in Itunes instead of Music 01 Wave in Audio CD:E

I bought songs on Itunes. I created a playliist for the songs. I then copied/burned a CD. Recently I started deleting duplicates for songs in my ITUNES (not Apple Music) library. By deleting them in my library, they also deleted them from my playlist. So I decided just to download the CD to my Itunes library. I was in Itunes, I loaded the CD into my CD writer. It then took me out of Itunes, and into MY Music on my laptop, into Audio CD:E file. It listed the songs as Music 01 Wave File. No titles. When I've copied store bought CD's into I tunes, It lists the songs and I put them in a playlist. However, 1 out of 4 CD's in the store bought album downloaded into Audio CD:E with no titles. The other 3 CD's loaded correctly into my Itunes library. I am assuming I hadn't burned correctly the CD's i had made. I don't understand why only this store bought CD didn't download correctly. I copied the songs listed as Music O1 Wave and pasted them intunes library. I can listed to them, but there is no title.

Is there a way to get the title to the song to be listed in Itunes?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 1:54 PM

Perhaps your car can play Data CDs or MP3 CDs. These let you use the original media without converting it, squeeze more onto a disc, and contain metadata. There is also the CD Text option when burning an audio CD but support for that varies between players, and computers cannot usually see this data.

tt2

Similar questions

6 replies

Aug 15, 2021 3:55 PM in response to Jaybird48

Standard audio CDs only contain audio data, with no metadata giving album, artist or track details. iTunes uses the Gracenotes CDDB service to match the pattern of track lengths with a database of known albums. Your CD made from the same tracks may not have exactly the same signature. You will need to enter the details by hand.

For the future see Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy - Apple Community.

tt2

Aug 16, 2021 11:24 AM in response to Jaybird48

To add to what tt2 has told you, and to clarify a point you've touched on, a duplicate of a song is only a duplicate if it appears in your "library" (that is, the list of songs).

If you add a song that's in your library to a playlist, it is not duplicated, it is simply added to the playlist as an entry in a list. iTunes uses the same file to play the song, whether you have selected to play it in a playlist or just in the main list of songs.

As a result, if you delete a song from your library, you will have deleted the file that is used by the playlist.

Note about deletion versus removal from playlist:

• songs in playlists must remain in your main library. They are not duplicates
    • to remove a song from a Regular Playlist, right-click it in that playlist and choose Remove from Playlist (do not choose Delete from Library)
    • to remove a song from a Smart Playlist, you need to change the rules of that Smart Playlist or change whichever tag in that song that causes it to go into the Smart Playlist. There is no right-click/remove option from a Smart Playlist
    • if you right-click a song in the songs library, there will not be a "remove from playlist" option. You have to be looking at the playlist entry for the song (because it may be in more than one playlist)

Aug 16, 2021 1:20 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you. I haven't made a CD for years.. I still have a CD player in my car. I don't use the CDs in my house. I listen to my playlists which are now incomplete.

So when I burn a CD should I choose the option of having metadata and track details included while burning the CD? The disc I used was Memorex CD-R 52X/700MB/. What if I don'tupdate each time they tell me to. Would that prevent less duplicates,

Let me tell you and the "Fiend" I won't ever delete any duplicates from now on. I've learned my lesson well. Thank you both.

How to get copying a CD to list it's titles of songs in Itunes instead of Music 01 Wave in Audio CD:E

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.