Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I turn on home sharing on my iphone? I've tried and am having trouble.

my tv is saying i need to access itunes library on apple tv, turn on home sharing in itunes on my computer using my email

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 5:38 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What is your model computer (and OS version)?

Home Sharing is used to share content from a networked computer to Apple TV or other devices. It is not used to share content from an iPhone. Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Alternative to Home Sharing, you may use AirPlay to stream content from your iPhone to Apple TV. Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2021 5:38 AM in response to tereasa1961

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What is your model computer (and OS version)?

Home Sharing is used to share content from a networked computer to Apple TV or other devices. It is not used to share content from an iPhone. Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Alternative to Home Sharing, you may use AirPlay to stream content from your iPhone to Apple TV. Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

how do I turn on home sharing on my iphone? I've tried and am having trouble.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.