Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a subscription for Apple TV app on my ipad. I have since purchased an AppleTvplus box and setting it up. If the trial is free why does is show rent/buy still on selected movies?

I have a subscription for Apple TV app on my ipad. I have since purchased an AppleTvplus box and setting it up. If the trial is free why does is show rent/buy still on selected movies?

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 10:26 PM

Yes, please read the following:

Apple TV+ is $4.99 per month, everything else in the Apple TV app are additional charges. If you are unclear on what the difference is between Apple TV+ and what the Apple TV app is it's pretty simple.

• The Apple TV app is simply a single place to buy content, including Apple TV+ content, Showtime, CBS, and lots of other content. 
  • Apple TV + is Apple's own proprietary content, currently it is a small library of content which is why it is inexpensive. The good news is the library is constantly growing and adding some pretty good content!

If you are still confused please visit www.apple.com/tv and look over Apple's TV offerings which include:

• Apple TV HD (hardware)
  • Apple TV 4K (hardware)
  • Apple TV app (as described above)
  • Apple TV + (as described above)
  • AirPlay
  • Accessories

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 10:26 PM in response to needsomehelp3806

Yes, please read the following:

Apple TV+ is $4.99 per month, everything else in the Apple TV app are additional charges. If you are unclear on what the difference is between Apple TV+ and what the Apple TV app is it's pretty simple.

• The Apple TV app is simply a single place to buy content, including Apple TV+ content, Showtime, CBS, and lots of other content. 
  • Apple TV + is Apple's own proprietary content, currently it is a small library of content which is why it is inexpensive. The good news is the library is constantly growing and adding some pretty good content!

If you are still confused please visit www.apple.com/tv and look over Apple's TV offerings which include:

• Apple TV HD (hardware)
  • Apple TV 4K (hardware)
  • Apple TV app (as described above)
  • Apple TV + (as described above)
  • AirPlay
  • Accessories

Aug 15, 2021 8:21 PM in response to lil-Sebastian13

Thanks for explaining. Im a bit confused though as I purchased a new IPAD late last year and apparently I had a free trial for AppleTV then.

As I didnt know how to use it ( now I do) I have spoken to Apple Chat and they keep telling me I have 4 months left of the trial so not entitled to get another.

Yesterday I purchased the AppleTVplus unit which is supposed to offer 3months free subscription. So is AppleTV different to AppleTVplus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.