Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone update/restore and iCloud

Yesterday I did the latest update which then put my phone into recovery mode, I followed the instructions on the link provided but when clicking update it only allowed me to update and restore, and didn’t give me an option to backup my phone before hand. This, with very little warning, wiped and restored my phone. I was going to use my iCloud backup to reset my phone but there is no information about this phone on the cloud. I have now lost 2 years of my life including the last photos I had with my late grandmother that were only on my phone. Could I get some help with why there’s nothing on the iCloud and whether there’s a way to undo the update and restore

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 10:42 AM

4nniee wrote:

Yesterday I did the latest update which then put my phone into recovery mode, I followed the instructions on the link provided but when clicking update it only allowed me to update and restore, and didn’t give me an option to backup my phone before hand. This, with very little warning, wiped and restored my phone. I was going to use my iCloud backup to reset my phone but there is no information about this phone on the cloud. I have now lost 2 years of my life including the last photos I had with my late grandmother that were only on my phone. Could I get some help with why there’s nothing on the iCloud and whether there’s a way to undo the update and restore

Have you been doing this How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2021 10:42 AM in response to 4nniee

4nniee wrote:

Have you been doing this How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

iPhone update/restore and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.