Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR problem

My iPhone XR was stuck on the reboot screen, so I restored it. Now it's saying I can set it up as a new iPhone or restore from the last backup. The only problem is that it's saying the last backup was in 2018. I thought I had it set to backup to iCloud. What should I do?

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 11:07 AM

At this point, you can either accept getting that latest backup from iCloud or not restore the backup at all. Your iCloud-related apps data (Calendar, Contacts, etc.) should still be available from the iCloud Drive.

The issue is why iCloud only had backups of your phone since 2018, and that could be for a number of reasons:

• You do not have enough storage space on your iCloud Drive.
  • Your phone was not configured to backup to iCloud at some point back in 2018.
  • Your phone was not connected to a Wi-Fi network at the time a backup was to be preformed.
  • Your phone was not connected to a power source.

See if any of the following support articles can help:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 11:07 AM in response to svillasana

At this point, you can either accept getting that latest backup from iCloud or not restore the backup at all. Your iCloud-related apps data (Calendar, Contacts, etc.) should still be available from the iCloud Drive.

The issue is why iCloud only had backups of your phone since 2018, and that could be for a number of reasons:

• You do not have enough storage space on your iCloud Drive.
  • Your phone was not configured to backup to iCloud at some point back in 2018.
  • Your phone was not connected to a Wi-Fi network at the time a backup was to be preformed.
  • Your phone was not connected to a power source.

See if any of the following support articles can help:

iPhone XR problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.