Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How to restore an iPhone without iCloud backups?

I need to restore my phone

but I didn’t do iCloud backups

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 12:01 PM

Unfortunately, it is not possible to restore from a backup that you do not have.

If you have deleted, for example, a picture, open the Photo app, tap Album at the bottom and scroll down and find Recently Deleted, there you can find Photos that have been deleted within the last 30 days.

If it's a message you're missing, open the Messages app. Tap Edit in the top left corner and select Recently Deleted. There you can see your deleted messages from the last 30 - 40 days. However, this requires iOS 16.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2023 12:01 PM in response to badrakh256

Unfortunately, it is not possible to restore from a backup that you do not have.

If you have deleted, for example, a picture, open the Photo app, tap Album at the bottom and scroll down and find Recently Deleted, there you can find Photos that have been deleted within the last 30 days.

If it's a message you're missing, open the Messages app. Tap Edit in the top left corner and select Recently Deleted. There you can see your deleted messages from the last 30 - 40 days. However, this requires iOS 16.

How to restore an iPhone without iCloud backups?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.