Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Health & Usage

Is it bad that my MacBookPro is always connected to the power supply??

I work from home and this MacBook is the one I use 8+ Hours plus a day. 97% of the time is plugged in and I'm using it. Is that unhealthy for the battery??

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 9:22 AM

Jose116_saenz wrote:

What about the battery completing cycles? do I let it run out of battery here and then to further the life of the battery? or its okay to just keep using it as I have?

No. Read the links provided.

The on board software manages this for you.

Just use it as you see fit— there is no recommendation to run the battery down like the old days.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2021 9:22 AM in response to Jose116_saenz

Jose116_saenz wrote:

What about the battery completing cycles? do I let it run out of battery here and then to further the life of the battery? or its okay to just keep using it as I have?

No. Read the links provided.

The on board software manages this for you.

Just use it as you see fit— there is no recommendation to run the battery down like the old days.

Aug 16, 2021 9:13 AM in response to Jose116_saenz

Jose116_saenz wrote:

Is it bad that my MacBookPro is always connected to the power supply??
I work from home and this MacBook is the one I use 8+ Hours plus a day. 97% of the time is plugged in and I'm using it. Is that unhealthy for the battery??

This actually the best thing you can do—

If you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need portability then use the battery.

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201585

Battery Health & Usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.