Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carrier updates

Have you recently been getting pop ups in my iPhone asking you to update your carrier settings ? I have been getting this for the past couple of days but I was hesitant in using it , apparently I did and few hours after that I found an alert on my security settings and also emails from Amazon etc informing me of a stat leakage and compromise recommending me to immediately change password for nearly 60 apps and websites that I was subscribed to , I had to manually reset my password for each.

is this a coincidence ? Or was the carrier update pop ups fake ?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 11:51 AM

3 replies

Aug 16, 2021 1:43 PM in response to shoeluvr13

Ok so got it , you are saying then because I updated my carrier settings as prompted via pop ups my iPhone security got further updated and asked me to change passwords for all those sites and apps which were already under threat before I updated or delayed in updating my carrier string updates. Hope I am correct in understanding your response.

Nevertheless, thanks so much.

Carrier updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.