Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac is frozen

Mayeye when I try to start my iMac the cursor just spun like a beach ball and wouldn’t stop spinning. Then I tried to force a shut down and it won’t shut down. Even when I hold the power button for a few seconds.

My I mac does not respond

iMac 27″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 1:47 PM

To do a force shutdown, please continue to hold down the power button until the ocmputer shuts down.

Attempt to restart in Safe Mode per the directions in Safe Mode Reset and if that does not help you may be suffering from a hardware failue so you will need to take it to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider. If you do not know of any please click the AASP Locator link.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2021 1:47 PM in response to Kayecker

To do a force shutdown, please continue to hold down the power button until the ocmputer shuts down.

Attempt to restart in Safe Mode per the directions in Safe Mode Reset and if that does not help you may be suffering from a hardware failue so you will need to take it to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider. If you do not know of any please click the AASP Locator link.

Good luck.

Imac is frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.