Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple support ask you to share your screen when you call them to better help ? Do you have to provide your own Apple ID password

Can Apple support ask you to share your screen when you call them? Do you have to provide your own Apple ID password ?

do I need to install Apple support app for this on my iphone ?

Tks all for your help

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 1:53 PM

Yes, you do have an option to share screen of your iPhone with Apple.

No, they don’t ask for your Apple ID password. In fact you should never provide your Apple ID password to anyone.

As far as I know Apple Support app isn’t required.

3 replies

Aug 16, 2021 2:11 PM in response to fred_do

That’s correct. Sharing tool Apple uses is built into iOS, no installation of other software is needed. All AppleCare needs to know is the Apple ID you are sign to on the device. They cannot access your device without you first accepting terms and conditions. Also, from what I know, they can only view the screen of your iPhone, cannot control it for you; you do all the navigation on the device by following they instructions.

Can Apple support ask you to share your screen when you call them to better help ? Do you have to provide your own Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.