Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps will not update

I have an Apple 6+ running iOS 12.5.4. I am having issues with more and more apps that will not update. The compatibility for the apps say iOS 11 or higher, so why will they not update. Examples are: Netflix, Twitter, Yelp, and Little Caesar’s. This is not an issue of needing iOS 13 or higher. HELP

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 5:06 PM

Typically, when you cannot download apps, that are still compatible with your iPhone's iOS version, the issue is not with iOS (as you surmised,) but could be with the payment method you are using with your Apple ID. This would tend to affect all app downloads, not just a select few. If you are having issues downloading any app from the store, then that's where I'd start looking.

If not, then the only other thing I can think of is that these particular apps are banned from where you live. Just a wild hunch. Regardless, you can certainly wait to hear from others here or you can contact Apple Support directly by using the "Get Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page. Good luck!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2021 5:06 PM in response to thebronx90

Typically, when you cannot download apps, that are still compatible with your iPhone's iOS version, the issue is not with iOS (as you surmised,) but could be with the payment method you are using with your Apple ID. This would tend to affect all app downloads, not just a select few. If you are having issues downloading any app from the store, then that's where I'd start looking.

If not, then the only other thing I can think of is that these particular apps are banned from where you live. Just a wild hunch. Regardless, you can certainly wait to hear from others here or you can contact Apple Support directly by using the "Get Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page. Good luck!

Aug 16, 2021 5:26 PM in response to Tesserax

The issue isn’t not being able to ‘install’ apps but ‘update’ apps already installed.

I have had this issue too the last couple of days. Seemed to start at the weekend some time. I have 9 apps that when you update them the update list just shows them still waiting to be updated even though it seems you just did.

this is on my iPhone 6 with 12.5.4

Aug 18, 2021 8:04 PM in response to thebronx90

I’m using 5S with iOS 12. I have the same issue, some apps update but others will not and get stuck in an update loop. It appears to be an app developer issue on AppStore. One weather app that was in an update loop yesterday did install correctly today. As if a change to download the correct version for iOS 12 had been made. Possibly deleting and reinstalling the apps stuck in a loop may help.

Apps will not update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.