Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update apps in Mac App Store

Hi, I'm Jonathan and bought a M1 Mac mini previous month. I signed in with my Apple ID after I completed setup. But now I get notifications from the App Store saying that iMovie, Keynote, Numbers and Pages must be updated.

When I click "Update All", I get the notification that the apps can't be updated with my Apple ID.

Can someone help me solve this problem?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 4:00 AM

I remember something similar from a long time ago with bundled, pre-installed applications. They were basically installed with no Apple ID and in order to update them you have to be using the same Apple ID that was used to install them. Back up your computer, then delete iMovie and re-download it from the Mac App Store with your ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 4:00 AM in response to jonathanmaes27

I remember something similar from a long time ago with bundled, pre-installed applications. They were basically installed with no Apple ID and in order to update them you have to be using the same Apple ID that was used to install them. Back up your computer, then delete iMovie and re-download it from the Mac App Store with your ID.

Can't update apps in Mac App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.