You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it OK to use specifically these wipes on my macbook air 2020 keyboard?

So, I have really bad dandrif, as well as horrible rozacia. When I say gunked, I mean gunked! Like filthy disgusting! My Macbook Air cilicon 2020 13 inch system is just totally gross at this point! I usually can tollerate it, as I'm used to it, being it's my own system, but this is starting to get bad!

I'm totally blind, literally speaking, so cannot read the label on these things. I had someone help me get a picture.

Specifically, are these baby wipes probably ok to use on the keyboard area to get some of that gunk off the thing? I don't have a static free cloth, nor Chlorox disinfecting electronic wipes nor canned condensed air or anything else of sort currently on hand. Really, right now, this is all I have.

I do know these are alcohol free, but I think, don't quote me, they might have aloe in them. I'm not totally sure, but they smell like it. Hopefully one of you could look.

I have totally no intentions at all using these on my display screen, nor do I plan to make a regular habbit of this. This is going to be mainly a one time ordeal as a very last resort, as I have nothing else on hand.

What do you all think, as long as I only do this mainly just 1 time only?

The picture I included should show most of the ingredience. I think part of it got cut off, but most of it should be there. And if nothing else, you can look at the link above for its Amazon product page.

Let me know. I won't do anything until I get at least a few responses. Normally, I'd say absolutely not! But again, this is just a 1 time thing. It's not like I'm gonna do this over and over, and it's not like I'm doing it on the screen or anything, and yes, I'll be staying way away from the ports on each side of the unit, and I have no intentions either of wiping over the power button/finger print reader.

Chris.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 4:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 4:35 AM

You are correct in that they do have some lotion in them for the skin however it is not much and I would suspect that your keyboard would not be harmed by using them as I have used various cleaning materials on my keyboards over the years and no issues. Just want to be sure that any liquid on the cloth is light and will not get under the keys.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2021 4:35 AM in response to clgilland

You are correct in that they do have some lotion in them for the skin however it is not much and I would suspect that your keyboard would not be harmed by using them as I have used various cleaning materials on my keyboards over the years and no issues. Just want to be sure that any liquid on the cloth is light and will not get under the keys.

Is it OK to use specifically these wipes on my macbook air 2020 keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.