Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

edited photo showed up as a totally black image on second printing screen

I imported a panoramic photo of a beach scene to my IMAC. I enhanced the photo with Edit. When I went to print, the photo showed up normally on the sizing screen (I chose a 13 x 19 paper and hit the "fit" button). But when I hit print and it went to the next screen, the image was showed up in landscape format but totally black. I went back and reverted to the original. I did not edit and it showed up normally on the second print screen. I have printed a number of similar panoramic photos, all of which have been edited. Never gotten a black image before.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 4:18 AM

Putting the image on desktop and printing from preview works. The right image appears. That brings up the dirty truth. I gave up trying to save presets a long time ago. On the Photos printing, when you go to the second print screen, you can choose "quality and media" and then to to the best resolution setting. On preview you don't get that screen so I am not sure what kind of quality I will get. New resolve. Learn to save presets. Thanks for you help.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2021 4:18 AM in response to Old Toad

Putting the image on desktop and printing from preview works. The right image appears. That brings up the dirty truth. I gave up trying to save presets a long time ago. On the Photos printing, when you go to the second print screen, you can choose "quality and media" and then to to the best resolution setting. On preview you don't get that screen so I am not sure what kind of quality I will get. New resolve. Learn to save presets. Thanks for you help.

Aug 18, 2021 3:06 PM in response to Geezervette

Next, log into a basic admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac,  and see if the problem persists. This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide.

Lastly, do you have iCloud Library enabled? If you don't launch your problem library with the Option and Command keys held down and repair the library. See if that makes any difference

Repairing the library with the iCloud Library enabled will trigger an long verification process between the local library and the iCloud library which is not what we want at this time.

Aug 17, 2021 9:51 AM in response to Geezervette

Glitches happen. Try editing again and export the edited version to the Desktop. Open it with Preview and see if you can print from there without the black print window.

Or do the same edit in Photos and print to PDF. See if the PDF is black or shows the correct image.

Another test is to export the unmodified original to the Desktop. Launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import that photo and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread.

edited photo showed up as a totally black image on second printing screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.