Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image won't print in Pages

Images that I insert onto a Pages document will not print. Even if I export the document to a pdf, the image will not print. I have been searching for a solution, and have found that many people are having the same problem, and no-one seems to have the solution. After much trial, wasted ink & paper, I have found a work-around.

The issue seems to be the mask in Pages. If I insert an image and print without using the mask to crop the image, it will print. If I then use the mask to crop the image, it will not print. So, the work-around is to open the .jpg in Preview, crop the image & save in Preview, then insert the already cropped image into Pages. I can then resize the image, but I do not use the mask.

So far that seems to be working. I hope this helps. And I hope that Apple will decide to fix the conflict.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 8:34 PM

"I hope this helps. And I hope that Apple will decide to fix the conflict."

Hi ASKC,

Just a reminder that you are posting in a user-to-user community here. Your "hope that Apple" will take an action won't be seen by the people in the Pages development team, as they (and most other categories of Apple employees) do not read or post in these user-to-user communities.

Use the Provide Pages Feedback menu item in the Pages menu to file a bug report regarding this issue.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 8:34 PM in response to ASKC

"I hope this helps. And I hope that Apple will decide to fix the conflict."

Hi ASKC,

Just a reminder that you are posting in a user-to-user community here. Your "hope that Apple" will take an action won't be seen by the people in the Pages development team, as they (and most other categories of Apple employees) do not read or post in these user-to-user communities.

Use the Provide Pages Feedback menu item in the Pages menu to file a bug report regarding this issue.

Image won't print in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.