Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic sms

How can i stop my iphone to sending automatic SMS to the number 447860015000. It keeps sending over and over

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 3:00 PM

That is the number used to activate iMessage and FaceTime. Does your carrier not support those features? Apple supported carriers support this and do not block those sms, nor do they charge for the international sms fees. If you are not using iMessage or FaceTime, you need to log out and turn them off. See this.

Stop iMessage & FaceTime SMS to servers in UK

Thanks to ASC User Lawrence Finch

So, for FaceTime in Settings/FaceTime first turn it on if it is off, then tap on the Apple ID and sign out.

For iMessage, Settings/Messages, turn it on if it is off, then tap on Send & Receive, the Apple ID, and sign out.

You have to actually log out of FaceTime and iMessage; just turning them off doesn’t work (it actually makes the problem worse, as the phone continues to say “hi, I’m off the air for now."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 3:00 PM in response to glsmusul

That is the number used to activate iMessage and FaceTime. Does your carrier not support those features? Apple supported carriers support this and do not block those sms, nor do they charge for the international sms fees. If you are not using iMessage or FaceTime, you need to log out and turn them off. See this.

Stop iMessage & FaceTime SMS to servers in UK

Thanks to ASC User Lawrence Finch

So, for FaceTime in Settings/FaceTime first turn it on if it is off, then tap on the Apple ID and sign out.

For iMessage, Settings/Messages, turn it on if it is off, then tap on Send & Receive, the Apple ID, and sign out.

You have to actually log out of FaceTime and iMessage; just turning them off doesn’t work (it actually makes the problem worse, as the phone continues to say “hi, I’m off the air for now."

Automatic sms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.