Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app is not functioning!

1) After editing my picture on Photos and Click 'DONE' to finish.

2) Those picture is turned to black in the library.

3) If I 'Undo Edit', original picture came back.

Do you know why?

Even I've done factory reset at Apple Store, but it is still same problem.

Help me please

iMac 27″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 6:45 AM

If you need ExFAT to transfer files to a PC, create a second volume on the external drive with MacOS Extended (Journaled) or APFS to store your Photos Library. A Photos Library simply needs to be on a drive with a compatible file system format - ExFAT is fine for single files on a Mac, but not for packages like photo libraries. The internal links and database references may break on an incompatible file system.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2021 6:45 AM in response to WhyPhotos

If you need ExFAT to transfer files to a PC, create a second volume on the external drive with MacOS Extended (Journaled) or APFS to store your Photos Library. A Photos Library simply needs to be on a drive with a compatible file system format - ExFAT is fine for single files on a Mac, but not for packages like photo libraries. The internal links and database references may break on an incompatible file system.

Photos app is not functioning!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.