Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Is Malfunctioning

Hello, after using my iPhone all day the screen started to malfunction. By that I mean the buttons I press won't press, and the screen started randomly pressing buttons for me. I rebooted it a couple times but it is still not working. It got a little wet today from a heavy rain and my iCloud storage is almost full which I heard could cause some malfunctioning but I really need my phone fixed asap. Any advice would be great.

iPhone 5s, iOS 10

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies

Aug 17, 2021 6:39 PM in response to Kayleejayne

Is this really an iPhone 5s, which is a 9 year old phone at this point? If yes, and it got wet, it's water seals could have degraded and water gotten inside your phone, which could certainly cause the symptoms you've described. Your iCloud storage would have little to do with the screen not responding to touch.

Schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation. If the moisture sensor has been tripped, the phone can't be fixed and it would be time to invest in a newer, more modern iPhone anyway.

Screen Is Malfunctioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.