Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix ipad mini 2

whenever i plug my iPad mini 2 into charger or connect to my mac it always says "not charging" what should i do and it also says "this accessory is not supported" but when I leave it into the charger and it says not charging I left it for a while and it still charges this si what it looks like i took it from the web

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 12:50 PM

Hello KyleSingh_2311,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPad Mini 2 not charging.

For normal charging issues, please start with the troubleshooting here: If your iPad won't charge - Apple Support

The alert you provided looks like your computer can't provide enough power to charge your iPad as noted here:

"If your Mac or PC doesn’t provide enough power to charge iPad, a Not Charging message appears in the status bar."

For the accessory not supported, make sure you are using Apple cables, and not uncertified cables or adaptors: Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector - Apple Support

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2021 12:50 PM in response to KyleSingh_2311

Hello KyleSingh_2311,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPad Mini 2 not charging.

For normal charging issues, please start with the troubleshooting here: If your iPad won't charge - Apple Support

The alert you provided looks like your computer can't provide enough power to charge your iPad as noted here:

"If your Mac or PC doesn’t provide enough power to charge iPad, a Not Charging message appears in the status bar."

For the accessory not supported, make sure you are using Apple cables, and not uncertified cables or adaptors: Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector - Apple Support

Cheers.

How to fix ipad mini 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.