Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lime green section of screen during start up.

I have started to get a rectangular lime green section of my screen during start up. It is full height and approx one fifth of the screen width and looks like a display interference problem. No apparent problems however once the start up is complete (it disappears). I have a 2019 Macbook Pro running MacOS Big Sur v11.5. Should I do anything?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 5:20 AM

Hi,

Try to check your MacBook Pro LCD and graphic Processor with Apple Diagnostics if it reports something related display error(VFD001 to VFD007).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, contact Apple Support or make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail Apple Store is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2021 5:20 AM in response to davidgjs

Hi,

Try to check your MacBook Pro LCD and graphic Processor with Apple Diagnostics if it reports something related display error(VFD001 to VFD007).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, contact Apple Support or make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail Apple Store is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Lime green section of screen during start up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.