Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv gen 2 icloud login

Hi. My Apple tv will not let me sign into my icloud account even though the details are correct. Any advice?

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 9:41 AM

When signing into an older device with 2FA it requires a different procedure. You will need to enter the password, manually request the code and then add it to the password.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

5 replies

Aug 18, 2021 9:52 AM in response to Scapajo

You would need another trusted device in order to get a code. That model Apple TV is not optimized for that feature, so it requires manually getting the code on another device and adding it.

It may also be worthwhile to upgrade as the 2nd gen is almost 11 years old now, classified as obsolete and will not be supported for any issues that are bound to occur as time goes on.

Aug 18, 2021 11:31 AM in response to Scapajo

It wouldn’t be a gen 1. That was a big aluminum box released in 2007. it didn’t have access to iCloud or any 3rd party services and was no longer useable for the iTunes Store as of 2018.

The only possibility for getting the code would be to contact Apple support, in case they have a procedure for verifying your identity and sending the code some other way. However, even if you managed it this time it wouldn’t really be a long term solution.

Best of luck

Apple tv gen 2 icloud login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.