Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red pixels in the highlight areas of the photos

Red pixels appear in the highlight areas of my photos stored in Aperture when viewing the photo in Split View and Viewer mode. The problem seems to be just a display issue, because the photos export without the red pixels.

This just started happening in the past few months. I am running High Sierra 10.13.6 on an iMac 2011. Any ideas about what's causing the display issue or how to remedy?

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 4:22 PM

Check this out:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4816053?page=2

9 replies

Aug 18, 2021 3:57 PM in response to Keith Barkley

Keith, thank you for the response. I believe that you are correct; that the red pixels are indeed the highlight warning. I checked preferences and the setting for Hot Area Threshold is 100%, which it has always been. I haven't found a way to completely turn off the hot area warning, but I can adjust the Highlights or Mid Contrast which removes the red pixels. What's odd is that this issue just showed up recently and I've been using Aperture since 2011.

Red pixels in the highlight areas of the photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.