Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync my iMessages from my iPhone to my Mac?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 11:12 AM

If you're talking about iMessages (as opposed to SMS/MMS messages), you want to enable iCloud Syncing for Messages.

Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

4 replies

Aug 18, 2021 11:04 AM in response to 4804

On your Mac, open Messages and make sure you are signed into your Apple ID (the same one as your iPhone is using).

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding. You r Mac should show here, and you will turn the slider on so it is green. This may cause a prompt to appear on your Mac asking to allow or confirm the change. This will allow texts to sync to your Mac and new messages to arrive there as well.

Aug 19, 2021 9:38 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

As usual, most cures I get don't exactly track with my experience. Under Text Message Forwarding I have "1 device" and slide right to a description of my (Mac). So I spent an unnecessary amount blending answers, suggestions from the web and Apple support. Seems to work this morning. Typical of Apple to make an easy question confusing and never supplying an easy answer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.