Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prices in Washington and Education Discount

When I get Apple products in Houston, I can get the tax money back. Now one of my friend will travel to Washington and I would like to get a Macbook Pro with the M1 chip and I also want to benefit from the Education discount. As a person who is a student and isn't from the USA, what should I do to benefit from the Education Discount and what are the prices in Washington? Can I get tax refund? Is it the same as in Houston? And since my friend is going to get it for me, can I still benefit from the Education Discount or I have to be the one who is buying the Macbook?

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 1:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 10:51 AM

Unless you are a student in a verified U.S university, you cannot make use of the education discount in the U.S.

The education discount is region based. If there is that option in your country, then you would need to shop in the education store for your country to get that discount.

3 replies

Aug 21, 2021 10:40 AM in response to nazay

nazay wrote:

When I get Apple products in Houston, I can get the tax money back. Now one of my friend will travel to Washington and I would like to get a Macbook Pro with the M1 chip and I also want to benefit from the Education discount. As a person who is a student and isn't from the USA, what should I do to benefit from the Education Discount and what are the prices in Washington? Can I get tax refund? Is it the same as in Houston? And since my friend is going to get it for me, can I still benefit from the Education Discount or I have to be the one who is buying the Macbook?

Gaming the system is not supported.

Use the education link to make your purchase:

https://www.apple.com/us/shop/goto/educationrouting

the savings is ~ $100.00 USD

You can get better pricing through the Refurb/Clearance link, see what is available:

https://www.apple.com/us/shop/goto/special_deals

Aug 21, 2021 10:48 AM in response to nazay

Additionally, we are all other users here so we do not have information on Apple's pricing except what you see on their website. We are also not familiar with tax refunds so you will need to ask your government's appropriate agency.

Note that your university needs to be an accredited institution in order for you to get the education discount.

Prices in Washington and Education Discount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.