Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Does the Audio Quality of My Music Become Horrible When Recording in Apple CarPlay?

Hello,

I've noticed that whenever I try to record a video, whether it be through the native app or third-party applications, the audio quality becomes muffled. This horrible sound quality is audible even through the video itself. I have noticed that my vehicle, a relatively new Honda, uses the in-car microphone when Apple Carplay is connected, so this problem is not apparent when connected via BlueTooth.

Why does this happen? Is there any setting to turn this off, or am I at the grace of Apple to fix this?

I have an iPhone 12 Pro on iOS 14.7, though this has been an issue since I bought the vehicle in mid-2020, using iOS 13 on my old iPhone 8.

Thanks for the help!

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 5:43 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 22, 2021 3:12 PM in response to SnickZ.

The issue persists. If you have a car with Apple CarPlay, I would recommend trying to recording a video or audio using the CarPlay mic, whether it be your vehicle's or iPhone's. It may let you be able to witness this issue firsthand.

Everyone I have asked (about 15 iPhone users from the 8 to the 12 Pro Max) is having the same issue in ACP.

Thanks!

Why Does the Audio Quality of My Music Become Horrible When Recording in Apple CarPlay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.