Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina upgraded to Big Sur and stuck on login after entering the password

I updated my MacBook Pro 2017 from Catalina to BigSur and when the logging page shows up, I put the password and press Enter and a progress bar starts to load and it stuck at the little bit left to finish. I did every possible solution, Restart NVRAM, SMC, remove `.AppleSetupDone` to force create a new username but it stuck on loading after choosing a language. I went to Recovery Mode and did a FirstAid on the partitions and everything was fine. I also removed the Preferences folder under User to not load my old user Config, etc...

I checked the `system.log` file and it seems it is always stuck in the same place:

Aug 19 03:44:10 Arias-MBP-2 mdsync[487]: objc[487]: Class MDSPathFilter is implemented in both /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Metadata and /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Support/mdsync. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
Aug 19 03:44:19 Arias-MBP-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.analyticsd[496]): Service exited due to SIGABRT
Aug 19 03:44:19 Arias-MBP-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.analyticsd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Aug 19 03:44:29 Arias-MBP-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.analyticsd[505]): Service exited due to SIGABRT
Aug 19 03:44:29 Arias-MBP-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.analyticsd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Aug 19 03:44:39 Arias-MBP-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.analyticsd[506]): Service exited due to SIGABRT
Aug 19 03:44:39 Arias-MBP-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.analyticsd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Aug 19 03:44:49 Arias-MBP-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.analyticsd[515]): Service exited due to SIGABRT
Aug 19 03:44:49 Arias-MBP-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.analyticsd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Aug 19 03:44:59 Arias-MBP-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.analyticsd[524]): Service exited due to SIGABRT
Aug 19 03:44:59 Arias-MBP-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.analyticsd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

com.apple.analyticsd

this service is always failing and I couldn't disable it! Any suggestion?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 5:12 AM

Ok, I managed to fix this issue but I found it really strange what happened! and I'm wondering why this happened.

As I went to Recovery Mode I opened a terminal and looked for what is going on in

/Volumes/Macintosh HD/var/log/system.log

(I posted above the failure log) I investigate hours in this log file so I saw it always fails at that service

(com.apple.analyticsd[524]): Service exited due to SIGABRT

So I looked for that service and tried to disable it somehow but it wasn't possible because of Root access.

By reading some articles I found out that the crash logs with more details save in this folder:

/Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

I opened the .crash file related to the mentioned service

com.apple.analyticsd

and I saw in the error:

no such file or directory: /var/db/analyticsd/aggregates/Daily

So I created that folder and restarted and it asked for another folder:

no such file or directory: /var/db/analyticsd/aggregates/90Day

So I checked on my other Macbook pro with BigSur and I created the missing folders

Afterward, I restarted and entered safe mode and Holly Shittttt!!! It worked and brought up some configuration setup for BigSur and then I could finally see my desktop!! for the first time, it was extremely slow but after restarting and log in as normal mode all was fine and smooth.

Hope this helps someone with a similar situation, check your logs and hope it is something simple and fixable!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2021 5:12 AM in response to Aryardi

Ok, I managed to fix this issue but I found it really strange what happened! and I'm wondering why this happened.

As I went to Recovery Mode I opened a terminal and looked for what is going on in

/Volumes/Macintosh HD/var/log/system.log

(I posted above the failure log) I investigate hours in this log file so I saw it always fails at that service

(com.apple.analyticsd[524]): Service exited due to SIGABRT

So I looked for that service and tried to disable it somehow but it wasn't possible because of Root access.

By reading some articles I found out that the crash logs with more details save in this folder:

/Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

I opened the .crash file related to the mentioned service

com.apple.analyticsd

and I saw in the error:

no such file or directory: /var/db/analyticsd/aggregates/Daily

So I created that folder and restarted and it asked for another folder:

no such file or directory: /var/db/analyticsd/aggregates/90Day

So I checked on my other Macbook pro with BigSur and I created the missing folders

Afterward, I restarted and entered safe mode and Holly Shittttt!!! It worked and brought up some configuration setup for BigSur and then I could finally see my desktop!! for the first time, it was extremely slow but after restarting and log in as normal mode all was fine and smooth.

Hope this helps someone with a similar situation, check your logs and hope it is something simple and fixable!

Catalina upgraded to Big Sur and stuck on login after entering the password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.