Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to update airpods pros

i have airpods pro and i looked up how to update them. the current version i have on them is 3A283. i’ve tried all the posible methods for updating them, and none of them seem to work. please help!

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 9:59 AM

Hello,

Hmm, try this:

New firmware is installed over the air while your AirPods‌ or AirPods Pro are connected to an iOS device. Simply put them in their case, connect them to a power source, and then pair them to an iPhone or an iPad to force the update. That's it.Feb 11, 2021

Good luck.

5 replies

Oct 10, 2021 5:06 PM in response to SteveKline

Me either, but I think I figured out why. I brought them in to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store and had them look them up. Turns out they had been tampered with. Apparently there were a bunch of service notes, all in Chinese. I'd bought them on eBay, but since they'd been advertised as "100% Sealed" I was able to get a full refund.

This seems to be a big security vulnerability for Apple. Why would someone modify them to the point that they wouldn't receive firmware updates, hide that they'd been tampered with, then resell them in what appeared to be original OEM packaging (complete with the little plastic jacket around the case inside the box?

how to update airpods pros

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.