Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my name all CAPITALS

Quitting frustrated that whenever I start writing my name it is automatically written in all CAPITAL letters……

This happenes in mail, safari when filling out forms, etc……..

Thanks for helping out

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 3:32 PM

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2021 3:32 PM in response to Mariela

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

Aug 19, 2021 10:40 AM in response to Mariela

Mariela Said:

"Why is my name all CAPITALS: Quitting frustrated that whenever I start writing my name it is automatically written in all CAPITAL letters…… This happenes in mail, safari when filling out forms, etc…….. Thanks for helping out"

-------

Proper Nouns and Else:

If it is just the first letter being capitalized, then note that that is because it is capitalizing what are proper nouns, and what you typically capitalize. As you capitalize words, the device learns from that, capitalizing them by default.

Why is my name all CAPITALS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.