Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsul

How do you secure delete old time capsule that no longer connects to my iMac by ethernet cable. Not sure of the step by step tasks required if I can use wireless connection. We are using Shaw Cable Blue Curve WiFi, my OS is Big Sur 11.5.2

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 6:55 PM

Sorry, not sure what you mean by "secure delete old Time Capsule". Does that mean that you want to delete / erase all the data on the Time Capsule hard drive because you do not plan to use it any longer?

Or, did you really mean to say that you want to continue to use the Time Capsule with the Shaw Cable WiFi system?

We can provide the steps, but we are not clear on what it is that you want to do. Can you provide more details, please?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2021 6:55 PM in response to R.D.C

Sorry, not sure what you mean by "secure delete old Time Capsule". Does that mean that you want to delete / erase all the data on the Time Capsule hard drive because you do not plan to use it any longer?

Or, did you really mean to say that you want to continue to use the Time Capsule with the Shaw Cable WiFi system?

We can provide the steps, but we are not clear on what it is that you want to do. Can you provide more details, please?

Aug 20, 2021 2:59 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Hello Bob,

My apologies for the confusion. Thank you for getting back to me. I was able to get the job done last night after some valuable help from a very patient Apple tech .

The Time Machine had a defective ethernet port that connected it to my computer and I did not want to use it wirelessly. Plus it was beginning to show some issues from aging. I purchased a Lacie 2TB external unit from the Apple Store here in town and have it up and running. The fully erased Time Capsule is on its way to the electronic recycling depot.

Regards, Richard.

Time Capsul

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.