Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac desk top turned off by itself and it will not turn back on again. Anyway to trouble shoot?

I have a 27" iMac desktop. I just updated Big Sur a yesterday. It was on all day and was on when I got home. Then when I went to do some work I noticed the computer display is black. I tried to reboot but the computer will not boot up. I held the on/off button for ten seconds to make sure it is off. Then I hit the on/off button again. I can hear a faint click coming from the back of the computer but nothing on the display no matter how long I wait. Is there anyway I can do some trouble shooting as a user?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 9:58 PM

It's a hardware failure and no you simply do not own the tools to diagnose it. I am a +1, please take it to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be professionally diagnosed.

2 replies

My iMac desk top turned off by itself and it will not turn back on again. Anyway to trouble shoot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.