Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Blackscreen

Hi everyone,

I got in struggle with my iMac (late 2015). Software = Big Sur. After an Update the iMac turned off and didn't get alive so far. Blackscreen all the way.

After pressing the start button the fans start to blow, after about 5 seconds it turns off and turns on again.

Now its running endlessly in this state.

I tried to get the RAM in and out, boot with no RAM to try if there is any error screen. No surprise there was nothing.

It would be nice if you have any ideas

Thank you for your help.

Fabian

iMac

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 10:41 AM

8 replies

Aug 24, 2022 2:27 AM in response to fabianschirgi

fabianschirgi wrote:

Hi everyone,

I got in struggle with my iMac (late 2015). Software = Big Sur. After an Update the iMac turned off and didn't get alive so far. Black screen all the way.

After pressing the start button the fans start to blow, after about 5 seconds it turns off and turns on again.
Now its running endlessly in this state.

I tried to get the RAM in and out, boot with no RAM to try if there is any error screen. No surprise there was nothing.
It would be nice if you have any ideas

Thank you for your help.
Fabian

I used this link - How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support which was mentioned in thread posted by @dialabrain.

iMac Blackscreen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.