Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m having trouble installing my SIM card, which fits perfectly even though it’s from another iPhone (6s). I’ve red several of instructions but still doesn’t work. What can I do?( it says SIM is not supported)

I don’t know what to do when “sim is not supported” appears even though I’ve red a lot of instructions. What can I do?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 3:04 AM

That new iPhone might be locked to a different carrier and ONLY that carrier can unlock it, if you're eligible.

Read this support article:--> How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Shouldn't be this case, ask your carrier for a spare SIM card.

If the issue persists, have your SIM holder/tray inspected.

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 3:04 AM in response to Hele_4

That new iPhone might be locked to a different carrier and ONLY that carrier can unlock it, if you're eligible.

Read this support article:--> How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Shouldn't be this case, ask your carrier for a spare SIM card.

If the issue persists, have your SIM holder/tray inspected.

Regards

Giulio

I’m having trouble installing my SIM card, which fits perfectly even though it’s from another iPhone (6s). I’ve red several of instructions but still doesn’t work. What can I do?( it says SIM is not supported)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.