Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login into AppleID from my MacBook

macOS Big Sur 11.5.2, Intel

I've created new AppleID, reinstalled OS and now I can not login into AppleID from my MacBoook.

The error I see is 'MOBILEME_CREATE_UNAVAILABLE_MAC'.

The funny thing is that I see my device connected to AppleID in appleid.apple.com, I get prompts with codes on my MacBook when I use AppleID somewhere else, but in Settings I am not logged in and I can't use Icloud or download software from AppStore.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 7:56 AM

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later. 

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 7:56 AM in response to dfhzr

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later. 

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Aug 22, 2021 1:10 AM in response to Eric Root

No, I don't have any anti-virus programs or VPN.

The issue appeared when I initially configured macOS after re-installing OS and on every subsequent attempt to log in.

I have tried to log in from another admin account, the result is the same - I've entered login and password, received SMS with password to confirm and got 'MOBILEME_CREATE_UNAVAILABLE_MAC' error.

Can't login into AppleID from my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.