Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue Semi Circle at Top Left of Safari window

Has any one else come across "Blue Semi Circle at Top Left of Safari window in iPadOS"

It disappeared after "Clearing History and Website Data" and "Resetting iPad memory using "On/Off" button followed by "Home" button.

iPad 4 mini

iPadOS 14.6

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 8:41 AM

Hello:) This icon means that some feature is requesting the microphone to be active. It's likely to be something in Accessibility, such as Voice Control, once you close all the apps it will go away . Or You can turn this off by going to Settings > Accessibility > Voice Control.

More information about this feature can be found here.

~Katana-San~

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 8:41 AM in response to j0hn4

Hello:) This icon means that some feature is requesting the microphone to be active. It's likely to be something in Accessibility, such as Voice Control, once you close all the apps it will go away . Or You can turn this off by going to Settings > Accessibility > Voice Control.

More information about this feature can be found here.

~Katana-San~

Aug 20, 2021 9:51 AM in response to Katana-San

Thanks for your reply.

I already have Voice Control turned off on all my iDevices, also I never use Siri.

But your mention of the above brought to mind that I had just been on a local authority website which I am aware has a duty to cater for all groups including people with eyesight problems.

I wonder if it was that specific website that loaded some type of voice control overlay or browser add-on.

I will have to be alert for similar happening in the future.

Never the less your answer was somewhat helpful in its suggestion and pointer to other information source.

Thanks again

Blue Semi Circle at Top Left of Safari window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.