Blue square on my screen

When I’m using safari it’s a blue rectangle in the upper screen, it’d doesn’t appear when I’m using others apps.

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 29, 2023 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2023 9:52 PM

Pi1125 Said:

"Blue square on my screen: When I’m using safari it’s a blue rectangle in the upper screen, it’d doesn’t appear when I’m using others apps."

-------

Reply Back with a Screenshot:

What happens when you take a screenshot? Does the rectangle still appear? Go here: Take a Screenshot on iPhone - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2023 9:52 PM in response to Pi1125

Pi1125 Said:

"Blue square on my screen: When I’m using safari it’s a blue rectangle in the upper screen, it’d doesn’t appear when I’m using others apps."

-------

Reply Back with a Screenshot:

What happens when you take a screenshot? Does the rectangle still appear? Go here: Take a Screenshot on iPhone - Apple Support

Nov 30, 2023 4:47 AM in response to Pi1125

Do you happen to have the accessibility mode, Switch Control on?

Switch Control is used to control your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using a single switch or multiple switches.

With Switch Control, you can use switches to select, tap, or drag items, type, and even freehand draw. Just use a switch to select an item or location on the screen, then use the switch to choose an action.

To Turn the Switch Control on or off:

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Switch Control and turn the setting on or off.

You can also triple-click the Home button or the Side button on certain models at any time to exit Switch Control.

Nov 29, 2023 10:13 PM in response to Pi1125

It sounds like you're describing the address bar in Safari on your iPhone. When you're using Safari, the blue rectangle at the top of the screen is where you can input website addresses or conduct searches. It disappears when you switch to other apps to provide more screen space.

A partial blue screen in the Safari app could be indicative of various technical issues, including:

1. Rendering Issues: Problems with rendering web content may cause a blue screen. This could be related to the website you are visiting or Safari's rendering engine.

2. Corrupted Cache or Data: Safari may be holding corrupted data or cache related to a particular website. Clearing the cache and data for Safari might help.

3. Software Glitch or Bug: There could be a software glitch or bug specific to Safari. Updating to the latest version of iOS or Safari might resolve such issues.

4. Device Memory Issues: If your device is running low on memory, it could impact the performance of apps, including Safari.

5. Compatibility Issues: Some websites or web content might not be fully compatible with the version of Safari on your device.

6. Third-Party Extensions: If you have installed third-party extensions in Safari, they might be causing conflicts. Try disabling them to see if the issue persists.

If the problem persists after checking these aspects, you may need to troubleshoot further or seek assistance from Apple support.

Blue square on my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.