Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud trash emptying.

Within the last couple weeks when I try to empty my trash, it does not empty. Is there any way I can fix this? thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 11:06 AM

See the articles If the Bin contains recovered files on Mac - Apple Support

Delete files and folders on Mac - Apple Support

Don't use any terminal commands posted on the google links , this will corrupt Mac , still some system files are in trash and can't be emptied , its better to erase the hard drive and reinstall Mac OS , Running NVRAM and run Disk Utility from recovery mode is one of the way .

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 11:06 AM in response to Drjaygotten

See the articles If the Bin contains recovered files on Mac - Apple Support

Delete files and folders on Mac - Apple Support

Don't use any terminal commands posted on the google links , this will corrupt Mac , still some system files are in trash and can't be emptied , its better to erase the hard drive and reinstall Mac OS , Running NVRAM and run Disk Utility from recovery mode is one of the way .

Aug 20, 2021 2:28 PM in response to Drjaygotten

Drjaygotten Said:

"iCloud trash emptying.: Within the last couple weeks when I try to empty my trash, it does not empty. Is there any way I can fix this? thanks"

-------

Try this in Safe Mode:

If you can't empty Trash, then try doing so in Safe Mode. In Safe ModeLogin Items do not open at login; certain preferences are set aside; and damaged system files (i.e. caches) are fixed. Go Here: Start Up your Mac in Safe Mode - Apple Support. Any success?

iCloud trash emptying.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.