Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using phone volume control with bluetooth devices

Does any one have any tips on fixing issue where volume control on phone is now not working with bluetooth speaker (bose mini soundlink) following update to ios14.7.

I have tried:

• restarting both phone and device.
  • forgetting then reconnecting bluetooth connection to speaker

Thanks.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 11:43 AM

The problem couldn’t have been connected to any one app as all were affected.

I tried all combinations of volume on phone and on the bluetooth speaker but nothing changed the situation where though i could change volume on speaker with its controls I could not change volume on speaker with phone.

Finally I found an old headphone type cable to connect phone directly to the speaker (male to male type) which enabled the correct control. By chance I tried Bluetooth again after disconnecting the cable and found that the volume control via Bluetooth had now corrected itself.

So all fixed but by use of old school hardware.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2021 11:43 AM in response to jdo_apple

The problem couldn’t have been connected to any one app as all were affected.

I tried all combinations of volume on phone and on the bluetooth speaker but nothing changed the situation where though i could change volume on speaker with its controls I could not change volume on speaker with phone.

Finally I found an old headphone type cable to connect phone directly to the speaker (male to male type) which enabled the correct control. By chance I tried Bluetooth again after disconnecting the cable and found that the volume control via Bluetooth had now corrected itself.

So all fixed but by use of old school hardware.

Using phone volume control with bluetooth devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.