Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps

My Apple Maps isn’t talking. I have made sure that I have it in loud volume. I have deleted the app for Apple Maps, I have restarted the phone. It is still not working

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 2:29 PM

Is your iPhone connected to a vehicle via Bluetooth? If so, be sure to have the audio system in your vehicle turned on and the audio source set to Bluetooth. Audio from Apple Maps is broadcast through the Bluetooth audio system in your vehicle. If you want to listen to audio directly from your iOS device, you can either disconnect it from the Bluetooth audio system in your vehicle or you can swipe up from the bottom of your device to bring up the Control Panel. From there, look for the audio widget and select the icon with the concentric circles and bottom triangle (upper-right corner). From the widget, you’ll see a list of available devices, one being your iPhone or iPad. Select your device and return to Apple Maps. Audio from your navigation directions will now be emitted from your iOS device speaker. I hope this helps. Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 2:29 PM in response to Courtneylove016

Is your iPhone connected to a vehicle via Bluetooth? If so, be sure to have the audio system in your vehicle turned on and the audio source set to Bluetooth. Audio from Apple Maps is broadcast through the Bluetooth audio system in your vehicle. If you want to listen to audio directly from your iOS device, you can either disconnect it from the Bluetooth audio system in your vehicle or you can swipe up from the bottom of your device to bring up the Control Panel. From there, look for the audio widget and select the icon with the concentric circles and bottom triangle (upper-right corner). From the widget, you’ll see a list of available devices, one being your iPhone or iPad. Select your device and return to Apple Maps. Audio from your navigation directions will now be emitted from your iOS device speaker. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Apple Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.