Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset apple watch when no longer have paired iphone?

I have a series one apple watch that has been sitting in a drawer. I've forgotten the passcode and now locked myself out and I no longer have the phone it was paired with. Any way to reset this watch?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 7:05 PM

With a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your Apple Watch, select 'Erase Apple Watch', and select Next until the device is erased. Finally click "X" next to remove your Apple Watch. Now you should be able to setup the watch again as though it were new.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2021 7:05 PM in response to girlmama

With a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your Apple Watch, select 'Erase Apple Watch', and select Next until the device is erased. Finally click "X" next to remove your Apple Watch. Now you should be able to setup the watch again as though it were new.

Aug 21, 2021 7:01 PM in response to sberman

Carefully and thoroughly read my question posted above.

The article has two options.

"How to unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone"

I no longer have the phone this watch was paired with.

"How to erase your Apple Watch if you don't have your iPhone"

This would be helpful if I knew the pin/passcode. I do not. I can not get into the watch settings to erase it because I don't remember the pin.

But thanks for your attempt at helping.

Aug 25, 2021 7:36 PM in response to javaliga

Hi.. I followed the steps above with my Series 1 watch. I deleted the watch, but it still is locked and I cannot get into the watch at all now. I’ve tried all steps, leaving it on the charger etc. But it remains locked… I have the phone it was paired with but it shows no paired watches when I’m on the watch app or in the Find My IPhone… any other ideas??

Reset apple watch when no longer have paired iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.