Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking for a new Mac computer

I am currently in the market for a computer and was wondering if anyone could give me there thought

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 5:33 PM

I suggest you talk with someone who knows computers. You have to know what apps you need to run, how much data you will be creating, portability needs, preferred screen size, preferred weight. . . .

I know that you should not get a computer with minimum specs such as 128 GB storage or less that 16GB RAM. I would never recommend a modern computer with less than 512 GB storage. If your apps will not run on a M1 Mac I you should get an Intel Mac.

None of us know your needs.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 5:33 PM in response to Community User

I suggest you talk with someone who knows computers. You have to know what apps you need to run, how much data you will be creating, portability needs, preferred screen size, preferred weight. . . .

I know that you should not get a computer with minimum specs such as 128 GB storage or less that 16GB RAM. I would never recommend a modern computer with less than 512 GB storage. If your apps will not run on a M1 Mac I you should get an Intel Mac.

None of us know your needs.

Aug 20, 2021 2:59 PM in response to Community User

Susanjenkins1300 Said:

"Computer: I am currently in the market for a computer and was wondering if anyone could give me there thought"

-------

Some Thoughts:

Get a computer that suits your needs, and meets your satisfaction for use. Get a laptop for mobile usage. Get a Quad Core Processor and high RAM, if looking to perform multitasking. Get an SSD (Solid State Drive), as it is less prone to failure. Get 128GB of storage for personal use, but go higher if for school and work usage.

Aug 20, 2021 5:07 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I’m a problem solver and I like challenges and learning ways to be productive I am elderly and I have time to read I’m fascinated with starting up a new business for disabled people from birth to present time so if I put all this together what would you recommend

Looking for a new Mac computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.