Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I uninstall Norton 360

Norton 350 never fully loaded nor will scan the computer. I have a Mac running BigSur 11.5.2.

It is so incredibility slow I feel like I have gone back into time to 1990 computers.

Please help. I need step by step direction or a link that give that.

Thank you

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 3:43 AM

There are no known Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS. There are Malware and Adware that does affect macOS and are often times downloaded as part of an Application from Third Party UnTrusted Site and get installed along with the Application.

Be thankful it did not fulling load.

Follow very good advise from previous posting on Removal of Norton

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2021 3:43 AM in response to whatthehey2

There are no known Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS. There are Malware and Adware that does affect macOS and are often times downloaded as part of an Application from Third Party UnTrusted Site and get installed along with the Application.

Be thankful it did not fulling load.

Follow very good advise from previous posting on Removal of Norton

Aug 20, 2021 3:01 PM in response to whatthehey2

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

Follow these instructions to delete Norton: Uninstall your Norton device security product on Mac.

Also, to see why else your iMac may be slow, I believe we need to proceed with an EtreCheck report. EtreCheck is a useful App to diagnose and identify issues, both hardware and software. It is trusted by many users. Please follow the steps outlined below:

1. Navigate to: https://etrecheck.com and get the free version of EtreCheckPro.
  2. Download it. It is a free and trusted app. It is often recommended here on Apple Support Communities. 
  3. Open EtreCheck, and before running the report, be sure to check “Allow full Drive Access” at the bottom of the EtreCheckPro window.
  4. Run the report, and put it in a post, as seen here: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211. We will then examine the report for issues in your Mac.

Cheers,

Jack

How do I uninstall Norton 360

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.