Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple link or Phishing?

my iPhone got stolen 2 weeks ago. I turned on Lost mode.

suddenly I got this message from Apple that my device was located I was directed to a site with a url and layout very similar to iCloud and was asked for my password after I logged in I even got a location.

when I tried to access it again. I couldn't see my device in iCloud. ( it says no devices when before it used to say device offline).

so I think this might be a phishing attack used to get my password and they succeeded.

can anyone confirm it for me ?

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 3:28 PM

You are correct; it is a scam and they unfortunately succeeded.

I would change your Apple ID password if still possible: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

and also see If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

It won't help with your phone but may protect from further damage.

The following has other things to consider doing: If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 3:28 PM in response to Abbasid11

You are correct; it is a scam and they unfortunately succeeded.

I would change your Apple ID password if still possible: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

and also see If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

It won't help with your phone but may protect from further damage.

The following has other things to consider doing: If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

Aug 20, 2021 3:30 PM in response to Abbasid11

Apple does not ever send out any such message. Logging in is why you can't see it anymore. You gave the crooks who stole your phone your Apple ID and password so they could release it from your account and erase the phone as new.

As Yer_Man said, you now need to change your account password immediately as the crooks could now do the same and lock you out of your own account.

Apple link or Phishing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.