Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help me update my iPhone

How do I change name of owner cuz I bought this iPhone second so want it to display my not th previous owner

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 7:21 PM

If you bought a phone which didn't open to the Hello Page and it came with someone else's ID, the phone you bought was NOT prepared properly for you as the new user.

Have you signed into this phone with your Apple ID? Or is this phone still under the previous owner's Apple ID? If it's under their ID, at some point you will get locked out of the phone, with no way back in to it.

Do you know the previous owner? This is what should have been done with the phone before you got it --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The previous owner needs to do this. I'd either get the previous owner to do this, or I'd return the phone for refund.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 7:21 PM in response to Chibambo

If you bought a phone which didn't open to the Hello Page and it came with someone else's ID, the phone you bought was NOT prepared properly for you as the new user.

Have you signed into this phone with your Apple ID? Or is this phone still under the previous owner's Apple ID? If it's under their ID, at some point you will get locked out of the phone, with no way back in to it.

Do you know the previous owner? This is what should have been done with the phone before you got it --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The previous owner needs to do this. I'd either get the previous owner to do this, or I'd return the phone for refund.

Aug 20, 2021 7:19 PM in response to Chibambo

Chibambo Said:

"Help me update my iPhone: How do I change name of owner cuz I bought this iPhone second so want it to display my not th previous owner"

-------

Have them Sign Out:

Only the original owner can sign themselves out of this. So, request a return, or to meet them in-person, having them sign out. If they do bot sign out of it, then note that it will be useless to you. The seller should have used this link: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Help me update my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.