Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to disable Siri button on new Apple TV remote?

Accidentally pressing this button when picking up the remote is painfully frustrating. There is no quick and efficient way to return to what was being viewed. Can it be disabled entirely?

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 12:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 5:47 AM

While you can disable Siri (the speech assistant), you currently can’t disable the Siri button (also used for general Search). You can give feedback to Apple, asking for such a setting. Feedback - Apple TV - Apple

I don’t share your experience, though. I find the remote easy to pick up without pressing the side button, even when placing a finger over the button. It’s only 64 grams (2.2 ounces), it doesn’t need grabbing like a hammer. And there is enough tactile feedback to distinguish between touching and pressing the button, similar to the other buttons.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2021 5:47 AM in response to Alfa2000

While you can disable Siri (the speech assistant), you currently can’t disable the Siri button (also used for general Search). You can give feedback to Apple, asking for such a setting. Feedback - Apple TV - Apple

I don’t share your experience, though. I find the remote easy to pick up without pressing the side button, even when placing a finger over the button. It’s only 64 grams (2.2 ounces), it doesn’t need grabbing like a hammer. And there is enough tactile feedback to distinguish between touching and pressing the button, similar to the other buttons.

Is there a way to disable Siri button on new Apple TV remote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.