Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail issue

Mac Mail no longer works on my computer after installing OS 11.5.2. Does anyone else have this problem?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 4:43 AM

8 replies

Aug 21, 2021 8:01 AM in response to KalamityKT

Actually there were scant details in original question and thusly the response.

Aug 21, 2021 7:54 AM in response to PRP_53

Sorry - I thought it was clear enough. After my Mac was automatically upgraded to OS 11.5.2 two nights ago, my gmail account no longer recognized my computer, and therefore I could neither send nor receive mail from my Mac. My iPhone continued to receive my mail just fine, but that's not incredibly helpful.

Since posting my question, I've had to go through all sorts of gyrations to try to fix this. iCloud and Google did not recognized my "device," and thought I was a poser trying to break into my own accounts. I've had to go through steps to confirm that this is me on my device, and it has generally corrected the issue. Periodically though, my mail icon will begin to bounce again, alerting me that it cannot connect. I've simply been hitting "cancel," and the problem goes away again. Weird.

Aug 21, 2021 8:15 AM in response to PRP_53

Yes, thank you. I went through all of those processes, and after more than an hour of frustration I seem to have sort of cobbled things back together. And yet still, every 10 minutes or so my Mail icon begins to bounce, alerting me of a problem. When I open Mail I see a small window noting that the system "Can't connect to the account 'Gmail'", and prompting me to again enter my password. I enter my password, and am immediately told that they were "Unable to verify account name or password." I simply hit "cancel," and my mail works for a few more minutes. That's how I've been notified of your responses, for example.

What gives??

Sep 25, 2021 3:11 AM in response to KalamityKT

I have an iMac with macOS Big Sur version 11.5.2 and recently when sending emails and I want to remind myself of the content of an email that I sent the sent items show 0. This is really odd. I use Virgin as my email provider so I have checked on line and the sent items are clearly visible there. So please why are my sent items no longer showing?

Mac Mail issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.